You will live AMI

Bs"d

https://www.rivkalevy.com/more-questions-about-meron/#comments



"I was there, standing in the tremendous crush of people, with people being propelled along like in a river. At one point I was next to that [corrugated iron] wall, that wall of death, battling against the stream of people being pushed down the slope, and somehow I managed to make my way up and out. I cried out to the police officer there and I told him: 'You have to remove that wall – people are going to die here if you don't. Dozens of people are going to be killed here, and I'll bear witness against you in court.' That was just ten minutes before the disaster," he noted.

Deri continued: "I almost passed out from the crush. I can't begin to understand who gave that crazy order to close off the exit. People were trying to get out and they [the police] wouldn't let them. Next to me there was a father with his three-year-old son, begging me, 'Please, get my son out of here or he's going to die.' And that was before the disaster.

"Gradually the crush was getting worse and worse until there were literally thousands of people trying to get out of the plaza. Until my dying day I will see that police officer before my eyes. Anyone who thinks the police didn't cause this disaster is so completely mistaken. The barrier the police refused to take down was what caused this terrible tragedy.

Why didn't they let people leave? People knew they were going to die! One of those who escaped told me, 'My son and I recited Shema Yisrael.' Everyone was begging the police officers to remove the barrier – 'Pull it down – we're dying here.'"

====

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Radiation

Hear Rav Stern’s words – and help save Am Yisrael from the Coronavirus. WOULD YOU LIKE 5O SIT ON HIS CHAIR?

Parashat Korach. Piha. ืคื™ื”.not ืคื™ื’ื or yes??? 95-94=1